PLEASE NOTE – SOME OF THE LINKS ARE **NOT** WORKING (we are aware & working on it)
INSTANT CHALLENGE VIDEOS
Performed by Centerville DI Alumni with no advance notice/preparation.
In 2018, Dee & Warren Gordon’s team placed FIRST in the Scientific Challenge at Global Finals.
The team has remained #TiedToDI and have been appraisers, members of the Parent Support Group, volunteers at many Centerville DI events…& on February 26, 2022, after attending Appraiser Training, agreed to do some instant challenges. These seven young adults last did an instant challenge together in May 2018.
Things to note in the videos:
- Everyone had a role & they relied primarily on that person to fulfill that role (Leader, Paper Person, Story Person, etc…).
- They had a practiced “script” of how they approached each IC. Even after a gap of four years, they easily fell into these habits.
- You’ll note that they talked about & practiced what they were going to do.
- You’ll hear them verify they had a beginning, middle, & end – and that everyone knew what the end was.
- Everyone contributed in one way or another, and they addressed each other in order to make sure everyone had a say.
- No bloodshed occurred despite a run-in with furniture ;).
- These students were together on a team for several years. These are examples – NOT what you should expect your team to be doing immediately! It is a learning process; don’t be discouraged :).
- Look in the IC resources section for handouts titled “Roles & Tips”. Print out the info for you/your team!
Sheet 1 – handout format
Sheet 2 – info format
Mastering IC’s – Part I by NHDI (article on having effective IC practices)
Mastering IC’s – Part II by NHDI (explains different types of IC’s)
Team Manager Guidelines & Tips
Tools for Managing a Team from NYDI
“Rules of the Road” (ROTR) Scavenger Hunt Game!
Centerville DI Logo
Centerville DI Logo
Centerville Destination Imagination Logo
Miscellaneous Tournament Items:
OHDI WEBSITE – State Info
SAMPLE “PARENT PACKET/SCHEDULE” for OHDI (org. 2018)
2023 RS PACKET (Word doc, may be out-of-whack depending on your system)
SAMPLE “PARENT PACKET” FOR REGIONALS – 2017
(Please keep in mind this is from 2017 so info/maps are out-of-date!!)
$$ EXPENSE REPORT SECTION from ROR
2022/2023 Meeting Presentations:
- COMP TM PRE-R12 TOURNEY ZOOM 03/02/23
- RS PRE-R12 TOURNEY ZOOM 2/28/23
- COMPETITIVE TMs – Zoom with the DC’s FEB 23
- RISING STARS TMS – Zoom with the DC’s FEB 23
- Zooming with the DC’s JAN 23
- Zooming with the DC’s NOV 22
- TM MEETING – 10/12/22
- Notes to go along with TM Meeting PPT (above)
- Field Trip Ideas
FORMS YOU MAY NEED:
- Emergency Medical Form – fillable
- Team Volunteer Parent Hand-Out/Sign-Up Sheet
- Pin/Shirt Design Contest Info
- District Shirt Sponsorship Form
- CHS Building Use Form (“BUF”)
- (All Others) Building Use Form
- PSG Treasurer – Check Request/Reimbursement Form
- 22-23 Roadmap
- 22-23 Rules of the Road
- 22-23 RS IC Practice Packet
- 22-23 Competitive IC Practice Packet
- RYT “How To” with screenshots
2021/2022 Meeting Presentations:
- In-Person State-Bound TM Meeting 03.15.23
- State Registration Info Zoom with the DCs 03.13.22
- March 1st Pre-Regional Prep Zoom with the DC’s
- February Zoom with the DC’s 2/10-2/12/22
- January Zoom with the DC’s 01/22
- December Zoom with the DC’s 12/21
- TM MEETING 2021 – 10/06/21
- TM Meeting October 27, 2020
- TM Meeting December 8, 2020
Team Manager Guidelines:
- DI FAQ’s – provided by Region 12
- DI & Virtual DI Tips & Tricks
- TM Guidelines
Destination Imagination Inc (HQ):